Monday, October 09, 2006

Postsecret Blog


Recently I've had a bit of an obsession with trying to see through the bullshit and facades which we are presented with everyday in this crazy world. In particular, I've been interested in having REAL conversations with people, about real, honest things. Like lonliness. Abuse. Addiction. Self-worth. I feel like there's a whole other parallel universe out there that we can access, not by going to another dimension, but just by having honest, heartfelt interactions with others.

Accordingly, I was happy to find out about this blog. This guy decided to leave postcards (pre-paid, I think) and pre-addressed all over the place, with requests that people write down their secrets and mail it back to him. Damn, I wish I had thought of this first. Some of them are by turns funny, horrifying, and slit-your-wrists-vertically tragic. See the Postsecret blog here, which is updated every Sunday with new secrets. Now, its even more interesting because people make their own postcards, and I think you can even send in your own secrets! Of course, if anyone feels the immediate need, you can leave an anonymous secret by commenting here!

No comments: